1. All parties acknowledge that they were fully advised that the mediator will not and cannot serve as an attorney, counselor, tax advisor, financial advisor or legal advisor to either party. And the mediator does not offer advice or therapy.
2. Prior to executing any agreement, all parties have been advised to consult any expert they deem relevant and that they have had full opportunity to confer with their lawyer, CPA, Financial Advisor and/or any other professional before entering into an agreement.
2a. Furthermore, all pro se parties have been advised of their right to have an attorney present, and they freely and voluntarily decided to mediate their case without an attorney.
3. The mediator reserves the right to refuse and/or terminate services to any case that the mediator determines is outside the ‘norm’ or the scope of the mediators’ expertise. (A refund will be offered in these rare cases.)
4. Any dispute that may arise from mediation services must go to arbitration before any other legal action may be taken. Also, mediation is held confidential per Florida law so the mediator cannot testify to anything said in confidential conference during mediation in court. Please consider this before issuing any subpoena to the mediator. Furthermore, the mediator will charge $250/hour for all time involved in responding to any subpoena.
5. Pond Family Mediation assumes no personal or financial liability stemming from any decision any party agrees to during mediation.
6. A Mediation Engagement Agreement and Mediation Release form are required to be signed by both parties before the start of your mediation session via eSignature.
7. The Mediator does not provide therapy or any therapeutic interventions. Mediation is not to be construed as therapy in any way.